New parade start time in 2017 will be 5 PM!
In order to comply with the parade's liability insurance coverage and the underwriters, all entries must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017. No exceptions will be permitted.
If you are entering as an individual and you are younger than 18 years of age, please have a parent or guardian contact the parade organizers at NormanChristmasParade@yahoo.com to make arrangements to sign a waiver.
You will be notified by email (from NormanChristmasParade@yahoo.com) when your entry form has been received and processed. Parade information, including number and logistics, will be emailed 48-72 hours prior to event.
Your registration is not complete until you have made the $25 payment (for one to five vehicles; for groups with more than five vehicles, there will need to be an additional entry for every additional groups of five).
Information, guidelines and parade rules
1. The parade will begin lining up at 4 p.m. in the east parking lot of Norman High School. Enter the parade staging area from Kansas Street and Pickard Avenue, northeast of the football stadium.
2. The parade will begin promptly at 5 p.m.; please have all participants in place and ready.
3. All participants will be issued a line-up number via email 48-72 hours prior to the parade. Please print the number on an 8.5x11 inch sheet of paper and post it visibly on both sides of the entry so that it may be easily seen by parade judges, announcers and officials.
4. Maintain 25 feet between entries at all times.
5. The parade must remain moving for safety reasons. Do not stop your vehicle on the railroad tracks. Do not stop your vehicle/float on the parade route with the exception of the 30-second performance time allotted for each entry at the judges' area.
6. Do not throw candy/giveaways. This is a city ordinance and will be strictly enforced by parade officials. Only those who are walking alongside an entry may hand out items curbside.
7. Entries with children will be required to have an adequate number of adults to insure safety. The ratio must be one adult per five children.
8. No entry may contain a display or live Santa Claus during the parade. The parade committee will provide the exclusive Santa Claus.
9. If your parade entry contains horses or other large animals, you will be placed near the end of the parade. Please have the animals "diapered" or have clean-up crew as part of your entry.
10. Winners will be announced by The Norman Transcript media outlet in print and online. Awards may be picked up at Copelin's on Main St.
The Norman Main Street Christmas Holiday Parade committee will not be held responsible for accidents resulting in injury to participants and/or damage to entries. Common sense and good judgement are expected.